Donald Whitney has posted a helpful checklist for the New Year. May I suggest that you copy and paste this list, print on a page and devotionally and prayerfully make your way through the questions and ask God to speak into your heart about the matter. Take a moment to write down your impressions.
Make commitments to God (not resolutions) regarding your written items. Place the list in your Bible or prayer journal and regularly pull it out and pray. Ask God for power and grace to fulfil the commitments.
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year and what will you do about?
5. What is the single-biggest time waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
I pray God's blessings upon you as you work through this list with God.