Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Prayers for Michael Spencer


I've been amazed at how much the blogosphere has come to mean to me over the years. Not only have a learned a lot from those that I read, I strangely feel a sense of community with several bloggers that I regularly read even though I've never personally met them.

You'll notice at the top of my blog roll is the Internet Monk or imonk, aka Michael Spencer in real life.

I've never met imonk nor had a personal exchange though I've commented on his blog a few times. imonk was the first blog that I really began to read regularly a few years ago. He has consistently stretched and challenged my thinking and often been a blessing to me.

Occasionally Michael would mention his wife Denise or his children or his beloved school where he has been a faculty member and minister for several years. Such references are part of what make me feel like I know Micahel and why I care about him and his life.

Michael was diagnosed with cancer a very few months ago. Today Denise let his readers know that they have stopped all treatment and the end is very near.

As you read my blog I would ask for a prayer for the Spencer family that God would have mercy and that God would comfort.

Soon imonk will be enjoying the presence of our Lord as many of us look forward to as well.


UPDATE:
Michael Spencer went to be with the Lord Monday, April 5, 2010

No comments: