Friday, April 09, 2010

Temporary Home


Temporary Home lyrics

A 6 year old boy is moved to one more foster home situation.
A single mom tries to find her way out of “half-way house” living.
An old man, full of faith is dying in a hospital.

Three story lines tied together with a reflective chorus sung by Carrie Underwood—

This is my temporary home
It’s not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I’m passin’ through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I’m going
I’m not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home

Though I had heard the song play while driving I’d never really heard the lyrics until today.

What’s going on with your day?
Promising or problematic
Blessed or burdensome
Clear or confused…

Reflect and be reminded that we’re passin’ through. This is just a stop, on the way to where we’re going. This world is our temporary home.

Through the centuries men and women of God have “died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.” (Hebrews 11:13 ESV)

(Those using a reader may have to click through to the blog site for the video)

No comments: