Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My Prayer


Today I met with some area pastors over a sack lunch. We meet once a month to check in with each other and pray for each other.

For a few months I’ve been sharing in this trusted circle some of my personal struggle. I’m at a much better place today than last month and last month was better than the one before. I’m grateful to be moving in a direction of less angst and more joy. Anyway…

As we were approaching our time to pray for each other one of the pastors asked me, “How do you want us to pray for you?” I didn’t want to waste this opportunity to be prayed for and benefit from their faith-filled intercession. So I prayed and asked, “God what do I need them to pray for me?”

There was a moment of silence and then it came to me, “Pray that I will be totally satisfied with the Person of Christ. I want to know the full contentment of being His follower.”

As I was being prayed for I was reminded of John Piper’s words--
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.”

May God be greatly glorified in me and I deeply satisfied in Him.

No comments: