Monday, May 18, 2009

Walking By Faith

All through the ages men and women have asked God and one another, “Why do bad things happen?” Sometimes we add, “Why do bad things happen to good people?”


The Bible never skirts around this issue with trite answers or pious platitudes. The Bible acknowledges life’s pains and injustices and at the same time declares that God is good and our response to His goodness must be trust. “The righteous will live by faith.” (Galatians 3:11)


Chris and Kim Trethewey are people just like you and me. Through painful loss they concluded that God is good even though they don’t like life’s circumstances. Check out their story in the video below.

How difficult are your circumstances these days? Do you know God? To know God is to trust God.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Talk about a tear jerker. I was crying my head off. Now my makeup is all smeared. Well, at least all I have planned is the gym this afternoon. Thanks Scott. Beautiful message. I am reading The Shack right now and I feel like in a way, that is also a message that says a very similar thing to me. Follow God, don't understand him, just follow and Love and Love some more. Thanks.