Friday, June 27, 2008

Hoopin' It Up



Stay tuned to see if my next post is written from the hospital. Today I drive to Spokane with my sons, Justin and Jon, because we are the “Brew Crew”.

That’s right, we’re a team and we’re competing against 6,400 other teams and around 20,000 participants in the annual Spokane Hoopfest 3-on-3 basketball tournament.


The forecast promises sunshine and temperatures in the 80’s which is a factor since all of the games are played outdoors in downtown Spokane. So if I don’t break a leg or get a herniated disc I can always succumb to dehydration or sunstroke.


Seriously, I’m looking forward to hanging out with my sons, playing some hoops and joining in the festivities. I’d love to come back and tell you how I dominated the field and showed everyone that the old man’s still got it, but I’ll settle for having some fun and being able to walk off the court.


Meanwhile I’m counting my blessings that I have health, a game that has been a great pleasure to me for years, two sons that also enjoy the game and that they actually asked me to do this with them. Oh yeah, I also paid the entry fee but I’m sure that didn’t have anything to do with their invitation to play.


More later…


No comments: