Thursday, July 10, 2008

How Much Do You Know?


Mark Batterson is the creative and visionary pastor of National Community Church in Washington DC. A few months ago he spoke at a conference called “The White Board Sessions” and made the observation that there is a vast difference between how God thinks and how we (humans) think.

Check out the video clip and I’ll share a reflection below--



http://www.vimeo.com/1293341?pg=embed&sec=1293341 from Churchy Media on Vimeo.

How much do you know? In this moment it is abundantly clear that I don’t know much.

Thanks Mark for reminding me of God’s greatness, moving me toward better humility, prompting me to seek God first and warning me not to lean on my understanding. How loving and gracious is God that He would pursue relationship with us and be inclined to bless us when we are undeserving.

No comments: