Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I'm Hooked on Transformation


This past Sunday I spoke about the transforming work that Jesus Christ does in the lives of those who follow Him. I confessed that I’m hooked on transformation. I’m always deeply touched, moved and inspired by stories of life transformation. I’m eternally grateful for the transforming work Christ does in me.

Today I heard a man share some of his story that I continue to replay in my mind.

He is addicted to alcohol, drugs and sex. His addiction has cost him three marriages and left him with four estranged children. About four years ago he began to follow Christ and get involved in a recovery ministry.

Today he is sober, has won back a relationship with his children and has seen his fourth and nearly lost marriage saved and renewed.

My point from Sunday was that God’s part is that He gives you a new “suit” (life). Our part is that we “put on” the suit (work out our salvation). The metaphor comes from the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 4:17-32.

My new acquaintance was given a new life from God and he did the life work of putting it on and living it. I praise God and celebrate the man’s life work.

I never get tired of seeing and hearing transformation stories.

No comments: