Friday, April 04, 2008

Would You Miss Pizza Hut?


John Moore’s blog, “Brand Autopsy” is in a series of asking whether we would miss certain brands of stores or products.

Moore asks, “If Pizza Hut went out of business tomorrow would any of us care?”

“Does Pizza Hut provide such a unique product and customer experience that we would be saddened if it didn’t exist?”

Moore also raises the same questions about Walgreens, Sears, Wells Fargo and many others. My first reaction was, “No, I wouldn’t miss it a bit.” I would just go get a pizza somewhere else and besides, I prefer the pizzas of some other stores over Pizza Hut.

But almost immediately that “Would you miss?” question rang in my head about my church. And almost as quickly the question caused me to reflect about my own life.

What kind of contributions to the lives of others, to the culture and ultimately to the world does my church make? Do I make?

If your life was “out of business” tomorrow, what difference would it make?

This is the kind of question that takes me to important depths of reflection about who I am and who I am becoming.

No comments: