Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Little Splash of Color Refreshes the Soul

It was a long week. My regular routine also included moving my office across town, launching a major community service project for my Rotary Club, attending two parties to celebrate friends and message prep that was a little extraordinary.

By 1:00 p.m. Sunday I just wanted to go home and take a nap but my wife suggested that we go to Mt. Vernon, Washington and check out the Tulip Festival. Today was the last day for this season and in all our years in Washington we had never seen the tulips.

Wow. I couldn’t get over the brilliance of the colors. I was moved to worship God as a masterful Artist who lavishly yet symmetrically brought together light, shade, shape and delicacy. Photos won’t do it justice but I’ll post a few so that you can get a glimpse of the splendor. I drank deeply of God’s presence and returned home with refreshment.






No comments: