Friday, May 23, 2008

"Prince Caspian" Intrigues



Thursday I got to see the latest rendering of C.S. Lewis’ “The Chronicles of Narnia”. “Prince Caspian” picks up where “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe” ended.

I’ll not summarize or review the plot. There are a lot of reviews one can read. If you like profound and important messages conveyed in story telling then I think you’ll like “Caspian”. I would not recommend it for smaller children because of the amount of warring and sword fighting in the story, though there is no blood or gore.

Lewis has a way of capturing theological truths and insights with pithy sayings. Throughout the day I continued to linger on the line uttered by young Lucy upon her seeing Aslan the Lion (a Christ figure) for the first time in years.

Lucy sees Aslan and with awe and wonder remarks, “You’re much bigger than you used to be.” Aslan kindly replies, “Yes, and as you get older I’ll become bigger and bigger.” (my paraphrase)

The longer I’ve known God through faith in Christ the “bigger” He has seemed to me. I’ve been a Christ follower for 37 years and I’m more impressed with the sovereignty, majesty and benevolence of God than ever before. I’m more awed and moved to humble worship than before. I’m more trusting of His goodness and justice, though I’m more aware of human brokenness, then ever before.

Perhaps you saw the film and were impacted by another thought. Please share.

No comments: