Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008


It is Christmas Eve morning. Without looking out the window I got up this morning, showered and dressed and prepared to go to my office early. I’ve got a lot of work to do today so that I can take off Thursday and Friday. When I got downstairs and glanced out my living room window I was struck with the reality that my day was not going to go as planned.

Yes, it is snowing…again. On top of the 10 or so inches around the Redmond area the forecast is for another 6 inches. Will we have our Christmas Eve worship gathering tonight? Will family and friends be able to travel and eat Christmas dinner with us Thursday?

I can only remember having one white Christmas in my life. Growing up in Memphis we had a snow storm when I was about 7 or 8 years old.

My reflections--
1. It is beautiful.
2. It is disruptive.
3. What do I do with this?

Is it possible that my task-oriented somewhat driven temperament can sit back a bit and slowly savor the beauty? At the moment I’m choosing to sit in front of my fireplace and look out my living room window while drinking a cup of coffee. Sweet moment.

This afternoon I’ll have to make a decision about our worship gathering. I’m supposed to meet the clean-up crew that is still working to dry out our building from last week’s flood. I was hoping to do a workout during the lunch hour.

I guess I’ll just have to take it as it comes. Kind of like the rest of life, huh?

Have a blessed Christmas.

No comments: