Thursday, January 17, 2008

A la carte, 1/17/08


Occasionally I’ll have so many things going on that I don’t have much time for blogging. That’s when I share several things at one time “a la carte” (click here to see the last time).

God’s Provision
On the day that I was trying to help someone with a need that was going to involve several hundreds of dollars, we prayed for God to provide. The next day I received a note from someone that I haven’t seen in more than a year with a check. The note read, “I don’t know what is going on but God told me to send this money to you because someone needs it.” I had the privilege of passing the blessing on to the person in need.

God’s Power
For the past couple of months I’ve been carrying a burden that I may share more about at another time. But the burden was beginning to weigh me down. I never stopped sensing God’s presence or stopped sensing God’s direction (it never got dark or silent with God) but my heart was becoming so heavy I was becoming depressed. Then of all things, I was reading/studying about the genealogy of Jesus in Luke 3 and God brought power to my heart that began to break through the heaviness of the burden. When was the last time a genealogy was a part of a breakthrough for you. Only God can do such things.

God’s Presence
I spent time with ministry leaders from another church last week. These are good hearted people who love God and love people and serve both above themselves. However there was a real fatigue at work in their lives and thus the need for a retreat. Through our time together I had the pleasure of watching one after another begin to be bathed in God’s presence and renewed at deep places. I never get over how delightfully God makes Himself known to us through worship, prayer and the reading of His word.

God’s Plan
In recent weeks I’ve been speaking and teaching about God’s plan to bring the gospel to each person that would want to receive it. During such conversations I’ve been a witness to more than a dozen lives that have been devalued, abused, discarded, but reclaimed, redeemed, and released by God to whole, sane, loving and dynamic living that is making a difference in our world.

A few weeks ago a friend gave me 7th row tickets to see the Seattle Sonics and Boston Celtics play. What tremendous seats. You can see so much more of the nuance of a game from the 7th row than you can from the “cheap seats” or even television.

I feel like God has given me one of the “best seats in the house” to witness His magnificence in our midst.

No comments: